Fee and Contact

I suggest anyone looking for an immigration lawyer to meet and talk with her/him before signing for their service.

I am sure that her/his reputation, pricing, experience, etc. are key aspects to choose.

However, since you need to share lots of your personal information with an immigration lawyer, I believe the most important aspect for a selection is whether you can feel comfortable to work with her/him.

Before contacting us …

The Immigration Service Agency and their affiliated organisation offers a free information service as follows.

  • Immigration Information Center; 0570-013904
  • Consultation Support Center for Foreign Residents; 03-3202-5535

Please also refer to our “Useful Information : Immigration procedures and Visa (Status of Residence)” page.


Consultation fee (spending up to 1 hour or giving equivalent advises) starts from 5,500 yen including tax.

We recommend to complete the comment form on this web page prior to make a consultation appointment.

If your visa application was unsuccessful, but you are considering to try again…

I recommend you visiting the Immigration office where you filed your PR application, and meet the officer in charge of your application. Officers will kindly answer what was wrong with your application.

Yet, it is not so easy for many people to withdraw a good advice from them because of lack of knowledge about immigration procedures. In addition, you can’t expect that English-speaking officer is available all the time.

In this case, I offer a consultation package of 1) reviewing previous application, 2) accompanying clients to visit the immigration (for helping communication), 3) giving advice for re-apply for 16,500 yen (including tax).


According to the Gyoseishoshi Lawyers Association’s survey about fees (Japanese only), the average fee for visa application support is as follows;

  • Working visa (new): 119,642 yen
  • Working visa (change): 87,566 yen
  • Working visa (renewal): 50,193 yen
  • Business Manager visa (new): 170,503 yen
  • Business Manager visa (change): 133,988 yen
  • Business Manager visa (renewal): 64,050 yen
  • Spouse visa (new): 110,271 yen
  • Spouse visa (change): 84,903 yen
  • Spouse visa (renewal): 43,895 yen
  • Permanent Residency: 122,924 yen

Since each applicant is unique, your fee can be much different from above mentioned average fees. Because of this, it is better to provide details about yourself when you quote your fee.

What I can do for you applying for a visa?

Please note that no one can guarantee 100% visa appreciation success since the Immigration Service Agency has broad discretion and their decision making process can’t be disclosed.

What Immigration Lawyers can do for clients is, based on their knowledge and experience, trying to increase a chance of success. It can be from 20% to 50%, or from 50% to 80%.

To maximize your chance of success, my support consists of 3 parts;

  • consultation and coaching;
  • drafting explanatory statements (especially to supplement weak points), and;
  • filing an application documents to and liaising with the Immigration.

Comment form


Unit 302

1-17-4 Buzo, Minami-ward,

Saitama-city, JAPAN 336-0025



%d bloggers like this: